Radius Engineering is an employer
of choice for individuals who enjoy the challenge of
constant innovation, cutting edge technology and self-direction.
We offer a collaborative environment that welcomes individual
expertise, enthusiasm and effort. Radius also provides
very strong benefits for employees' peace of mind which
includes genuine flexibility for work-life balance.
Senior Control Systems Engineer
Design, develop and fabricate industrial control and instrumentation systems. Perform all aspects of control systems projects: customer interface, proposals, project management, design & development of software, definition of system requirements, implementation, communication, commission, and follow-up.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7-10 years directly related work experience
- Computer programming experience in Visual Basic, VB.NET, C++, or other
- Demonstrated proficiency in design, implementation and commissioning of industrial equipment control systems including PLC, HMI and SCADA software
- Thorough knowledge of industrial electrical equipment, PLC controls, instrumentation/data acquisition systems
- PLC software design experience; UnityPro a plus
- Ladder logic programming, SCADA software
- Experience successfully troubleshooting automated systems, industrial power distribution, analog and digital dc circuitry
- Familiar with NEC, NFPA, CSA, UL 508a
- Fluent with MS Office; MS Project a plus
- High mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage a schedule and budget for successful project completion based on established customer specifications
- Successful experience providing after sales customer support on custom hardware and software.
- Excellent skills in problem-solving, think/work independently, creativity & passion, initiative.
- Effective, constructive and professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Radius Engineering is a small, independent, high-tech, custom equipment manufacturer supplying R&D and manufacturing equipment to the worldwide aerospace composites industry. Voted by DWS as one of the top places to work in Utah. Excellent working conditions and benefits. No smoking. EEO; women & minorities encouraged. US employment eligibility verified. This position is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Send cover letter matching your credentials to our requirements, and resume in Word to email@example.com.
This is a diverse and challenging position in a supportive, dynamic corporate environment with a world leader in the composites/aerospace industry.
Responsible for technical oversight, guidance and leadership to our engineering teams on design and fabrication of the company’s line of composites manufacturing equipment.
- BSME or MSME or in other engineering discipline.
- 10-15 years experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical equipment design and manufacturing in an ISO-certified engineering environment.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing equipment including prototyping, design, analysis, inspection, assembly, testing, maintenance and safety.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management, and failure modes and effects analysis.
- Experience in structural analysis using both classical hand analysis and finite element techniques.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks 2011.
- Demonstrated abilities in personnel management and leadership.
Manage and improve the company’s engineering processes and activities for product design, review, and approval. Responsibilities include:
- Manage engineering design process, design reviews, and approval of all new products.
- Check and approve new design content and documentation as well as design changes and documentation
- Manage engineering team work tasks, priorities and schedule.
- Promote the company's quality standards and procedures and cultivate a work environment of continuous improvement.
- Plan, identify, and coordinate resources required to support the company’s projects.
- Work with engineering teams to identify risks and define plans for risk mitigation.
- Ensure company’s equipment and systems adhere to safety requirements and standards applicable to both domestic and foreign locations.
Radius is an independent, high-tech, custom equipment manufacturer supplying R&D and manufacturing equipment to the worldwide aerospace composites industry. Voted by the Department of Workforce Services as one of the top places to work in Utah. Excellent working conditions and benefits. No smoking. EEO; women & minorities encouraged. US employment eligibility verified. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Composite Development and Tooling Engineer
This is a diverse, creative and challenging position in a supportive, dynamic corporate environment. Experience with composites is required. Responsible for all aspects of composite manufacturing process development and tooling projects. Prepare proposals, manage projects, develop composite manufacturing processes, tool design and fabrication, hands-on part fabrication, conduct training, and interact professionally with customers. We will hire junior or senior individual, depending on skills/aptitude/fit.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
- On-the-job, hands-on experience with composites.
- Understanding of composite manufacturing processes: technical, manufacturability, time and cost.
- Experience with out-of-autoclave manufacturing processes including ply pattern definition, lay-up/tool assembly instructions, injection and cure parameter definition.
- Tooling: Familiarity designing prototype and production tooling and equipment to support composite development projects.
- Computer savvy: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and SDRC, IDEAS, and Solidworks.
- Experience working on-site at customer facility: support/training.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel as much as 10 times per year. Some International.
- Passion and aptitude for designing and learning.
PREFERRED SKILLS (not required)
- Closed-mold composite processing.
- Composite design.
- Understanding of composite development process conditions and loads consistent with industry standards and best practices.
- Project management: schedules, budgets, technical objectives, resource allocation.
ABOUT RADIUS ENGINEERING
Radius Engineering provides structural design and analysis, process development, tool design and fabrication, workstation and press design and fabrication as well as injection system design and fabrication to the composites industry. Our focus is on out-of-autoclave, net-shape composite structures for the aerospace industry using matched-mold processes such as RTM and SQRTM. Our goal is to provide engineering, tooling and equipment to support our customer’s production of net-shape composite structures.
Voted by the Department of Workforce Services as one of the top places to work in Utah. Excellent working conditions and benefits. No smoking. EEO; women & minorities encouraged. US employment eligibility verified.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.